Barista Needed! Come Join the Alleyway Cartel Team
The Alleyway Cartel are looking for a barista to join our team.
Located in the heart of Murrumbeena, The Alleyway Cartel has fast established itself as a hub for locals looking for some of the best coffee in Melbourne's South East.
As The Alleyway Cartel has been growing, so has our need for more team members...
We are currently looking for an experienced barista to join our team on a casual basis (2 days per week) to assist with both barista services and the serving of food, with above award wages.
Our team are supportive, fun, hard working, and dynamic, and provide an environment where you can grown. We are looking for baristas who make great coffee, but also communicate well, possess attention to detail, offer excellent customer service and an ability to work well under pressure.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Prepare consistent, high quality, specialty coffee in a fast paced environment
- Maintain stock levels
- Open and close the cafe, including cleaning where required
- Build relationships with customers so to create a sense of community
- Prepare and serve a small range of pre made food
- Work both autonomously and in a team
- Communicate clearly with other team members
- Work in a clean manner
- 1 years experience as a barista in a cafe
- Working knowledge of coffee making techniques
- Ability to prepare alternative brew methods: specifically cold drip and batch brew
- Work in a fast paced environment
- Use of point of sale systems
- Food handling experience a bonus
This position will begin as soon as possible.
To apply for this role:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with both your resume and cover letter including:
Your relevant experience and training
Recent employer references